IN THE HEART OF NEVADA’S WALKER TREND
Smooth Rock Ventures Corp. is currently focused on exploring and developing high-grade gold deposits in Nevada’s Walker Lane Shear Zone. A well-known prolific area for gold exploration in the world. Our experienced leadership and technical
team know the Nevada landscape as few do. Located in Mineral County, our advanced-stage projects are within one of the friendliest mining districts in the state and home to some of Nevada’s highest grades historically.
Smooth Rock’s Palmetto Gold Project is located in Esmeralda County, Nevada, within the Walker Lane mineral belt.
Palmetto Gold Project
- Smooth Rock owns a 100% undivided interest in the Palmetto Project (not subject to any outstanding royalties).
- Advanced Gold Project with an updated NI 43-101 mineral resource estimation (WSP Canada Inc, October, 2020) of 300,000 Au oz inferred resources.
- An Exploration and Development Decline/Adit completed to an approx. depth of 300 feet to access the high grade portion of the initial Discovery Zone.
- Significant exploration work completed to date by Newmont Gold, Phelps Dodge Corp, Cambior Inc., Romarco Minerals, Curran Corp., Amselco Minerals, and Escape Gold Group Inc.
- Large land position consisting of 116 unpatented claims (2217 acres) in one of Nevada’s historical high grade mining districts.
- Highlights from Initial 2021 Drill Program Results include: Drill hole SRV 21-01 returned 31.4 g/t Au over 6.5 m (21.3 ft), including 44.3g/t Au over 0.8 m (2.6 ft), and 122.5 g/t Au over 1.1 m (3.6 ft) from a depth of approx. 85 m (278 ft).
|Classification||Tonnes (000’s)||Au g/t||Ag g/t||Au oz.||Ag oz.|
Smooth Rock considers this an current resource estimation, that is reliable and relevant completed by WSP Canada Inc. (Palmetto Resource Estimation and Technical Report, October 20, 2020) on behalf of Smooth Rock Ventures Corp. The mineral resource estimation was completed using NI 43-101 standards of practice and classified as an inferred resource is summarized in the table above.
The Walker Lane Shear Zone
One of Nevada’s
- The Walker Lane shear zone straddles the border between Nevada and California and has a long history of exploration and mining
- The majority of gold deposits occur in the Walker Lane shear zone, which is a 100-km wide, NW trending structural corridor extending southeast from Reno towards Las Vegas.
- Several past-producing mines including the Bodie, Aurora, Borealis, Pamlico, Evening Star, Mabel, Mindoro and Camp Douglas mines are all in close proximity to all the Company’s current Projects.
- The Palmetto and Giroux Projects are located in Mineral County, one of Nevada’s historical highest grade and mining-friendly districts.
- The Walker Trend has hosted historical gold, sliver and copper producers such as the Comstock Lode silver/gold mine, the Candelaria silver/gold mines and the prolific Anaconda Copper mine. These are some of the richest mines ever found.